Thursday, April 16, 2009

Le Bromance Celebre

A friend of mine (bro) recently referred me to a couple lists compiled by Bill Simmons of famous bromances, part one which is here, and part two here.

I think these are brilliant. However, one thing I'd like to note is that Siegfried and Roy were listed as "Best Romance Bromance," which kind of goes outside the scope. Unless I'm missing one, he didn't list a single famous gay-gay bromance! In other news, Urban Dictionary posts the bromance as an essentially heterosexual male friendship. My buddy Geoff says guess what chicken-butt: Truman Capote and Gore Vidal for Most Scornful Bromance. Boom, roasted (breast).



Vidal on Capote, "Capote I truly loathed. The way you might loathe an animal. A filthy animal that has found its way into the house."


From left to right:
Gore Vidal, Truman Capote, and Tennessee Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment